Dr. Brij Mohan Singh works as Professor & Head in the department of Kaumarabhritya-Bal Roga, Faculty of Ayurveda, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. He has more than 26 years of teaching experience and 27 years of research experience. He has guided more than 35 MD (Ay) scholars and has supervised 3 PhD scholars. Prof. BM Singh has edited 2 books, authored 5 chapters, and has got more than 50 research papers to his credit.
Other important assignments/ coveted positions held:
- Member of an Expert Committee constituted by CCRAS, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India, in regard to formulate a research protocol on Health Promotion in Children, held on 10th and 11th August, 2015.
- Member of Visitation Committee of CCIM for inspection of college (2011-12)
- Member of Inspection Committee of University of Delhi (2014) in AIIA, New Delhi
- Expert in selection committee of Public Service Commission of many States, University
- Preparation, review, of ROTP and CME modules for RAV, under Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Dep’t of AYUSH, Govt. of India
- As a Chairman actively participated in the development of syllabus and ordinance for CBCS Based Introductory and One Year Certificate Course for nationals and foreigners, FOAy. Also developed other courses running in the department viz. PG diploma Course-PGDNC (Ay); D.Ch (Ay). Established NICU-level-II/III, Bala-Panchakarma Unit in SS Hospital, BHU
- As a Member actively participated in the development of D. Ch. (Ay) Syllabus, BAMS, MD (Ay)-Kaumarbhritya subject in CCIM, Ministry of AYUSH
- Chief Guest in the inaugural function of Kaumarbhritya-2015; organized by SDM College of Ayurveda, Hassan, Karnataka; dated on 21st April, 2015
- Conducted many National level entrance test (MD-Ay; PGDNC (Ay); D.Ch.(Ay), Combined PG Diploma Entrance Examination)
- Organized many CME, Workshops, Exhibition, Seminars in the Dep’t
- Advisor in Editorial Boards
- The reviewer of many Research Journals
- Member of various committees/Council/Board ASC, PPC, DRC, RPC, RDCU, SC, BOS, different inquiry committees, Fact-finding committee etc. constituted by different competent authorities of University
- As an observer since 2004, 2005 & 2006,2007,2008,2009, 2010. 2011, 2012, 2014 to 2019 in many national examinations
- Superintendent, Examiner, and Paper setters for the U.G.; P.G. & PG in many Universities.
- Awarded Remarkable contribution in Pediatric Medicine by Ayurveda Anusandhan Sansthan, Chattisgarh, 2017