Prof. (Dr.) Rabinarayan Acharya, born on 26th February 1967, is working as a Dean IPGT&RA, Professor and Head Dravyaguna, at Institute for Post Graduate Teaching & Research in Ayurveda, Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar, Gujarat.
He obtained his B.Sc. (Botany, Hons.), BAMS (Hons.) degree from Utkal University, PG Diploma in Bio Ethics from IGNOU & M.D. (Ayu.) and Ph.D. in Dravyaguna from Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar. He has more than 23 years of teaching and research experience in the various fields of drug research and has authored more than 255 research papers in peer-reviewed research journals and five books. He also worked as course writer for IGNOU( Indira Gandhi National Open University) and temporary advisor to WHO.
- He is presently working as
- Member Ayurveda Siddha Unani Drug Technical Advisory Board (ASUDTAB), Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India since 2015;
- Member, Scientific Advisory Group (SAG) drug development, CCRAS, New Delhi, since 2018 and
- Coordinator of Intermediary Pharmacovigilance Centre (IPvC), Jamnagar, National pharmacovigilance programme for ASU & H drugs,since 2018.
- Member Project Screening Committee (PSC) of NMPB, since 2018.
- He has, in the past, worked as
- Member Secretary of National Pharmacovigilance Programme for ASU drugs,
- Director, Department of projects; Director, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) and Director of Pharmacy of Gujarat Ayurved University.
- Prof. Acharya has completed
- Three Intra Mural Research (IMR) projects and working as Principal Investigator (PI) on three research project sanctioned by NMPB and ministry of AYUSH and as co PI in one DST and one DBT sponsored project.
- Under his guidance, 29 PhD, 29 MD (Ayu), 14 M Pharma (Ayu) and 03 MSc (Medicinal plants), in Dravyaguna, have been awarded.
- He is also working as subject editor in two research journals, member of the editorial board in five journals and reviewer in more than 10 peer review research journals.
- Attended a training programme on Phramcovigilance at WHO Head quarter Geneva. Delivered more than 50 invited lectures including International seminar at Trinidad and Tobago, Colombo, Sri lanka, Thailand and China
- He has been awarded with AYUSH AWARD OF CCRAS 2017
- Best teacher award 2017 “For drug Research Teaching” cash prize of Rs 2 lakh, and
- Best research paper “literary research” category. Cash prize of 50 thousand
- Under his guidance, four MD/PhD theses has been awarded with best thesis award- On 2013 by IASTAM, 2017 by CCIM, 2016 and 2019 by PKSGAC Bhopal
- One of his research article has been awarded with best research paper, “Prof. M.L. Khorana award 2017” by Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA) cash prize of Rs 10 thousand and 2nd Prize on all India Essay competition, 2019